Warfarin [Coumadin] - Anticoagulant. Used to prevent clot formation. Contraindicated with pregnancy and breastfeeding [crosses into breast milk]; vitamin K deficiency; bleeding disorders.
Major side effects- bleeding; allergic skin reactions [pruritus, rash, urticaria]; red-orange discoloration of urine.
Monitor PT & INR [2-3 is acceptable for INR]. It interacts with a LARGE number of meds.
Vitamin K is the antidote for overdose. AVOID green leafy vegetables and liver, because those are rich in vitamin K, when taking coumadin.
- phibehuynh likes this
- nola70124 likes this
- aspark-topiercethedark likes this
- cilla-b11 reblogged this from rightatrium
- danielee12free reblogged this from lulabelleismyshihtzu
- lulabelleismyshihtzu reblogged this from rightatrium
- karenschmaren likes this
- myshruglife likes this
- mikaymecrazy likes this
- krysthels likes this
- aniboj likes this
- mmedicalmodel likes this
- janellerose likes this
- nocturnalnurse reblogged this from nursetinkerbell
- nursetinkerbell reblogged this from rightatrium
- bloopz likes this
- rightatrium posted this